Making my 2010s top;

 For the 2010s , I chose to keep it simple and sew a bandeu top with an asymmetrical strap to show current modern trends and their simplicity , which reflects the fast fashion crisis we are currently in. Clothes are cheap, and cheaply made. 

I began by taking the leftover t shirt fabric used for the 50s headband and cutting from the sleeves below to get the bottom half of the shirt. 



I then used my sewing machine to sew a straight stitch along the top which neatened up the hem and stopped it from fraying or coming away from the raw cut. The excess fabric below the stitch was also trimmed off. 


I then decided to make a little strap for the side that was taller to make it an asymmetrical top, i used ribbons from the t shirt to sew these together and make the strap longer.
I then attached the strap and here is the finished top, it’s very simple and cheaply done, which accurately reflects clothes of the 2010s.


Comments

Popular Posts