How I will use my research for my final project;

 I have now come to the end of the research process for my EPQ and I am now planning to start my final project. I chose to split my research in to different sections beginning with mood boards that I made copying and pasting images taken from my chosen decades. These consisted of popular trends from each era such as the 80s neon craze and the popularity of the low rise jean in the 2010s. These mood boards helped me gather an overall idea of what to base my own outfit recreations on and how to create looks that summarised a decade of fashion trends. 

How will I use this in my final project? 

I will use this in my final project in order to understand and have the ability to create my own accurate looks based on the chosen time period. I can refer to my research in order to know what was worn and why, as well as taking inspiration. My look in to social contexts of fashion will also be useful for my video as I can include other elements in my voice over of political events from the decade that has shaped the trends of that decade. 

My next section was where I looked at different style icons of each decade , this included celebrities such as Twiggy and Naomi Campbell who I believe to of made a massive impact on fashion at the time and had a major influence in trends from their decades. Learning about these people meant I could further learn more about that time period and why certain fashion choices were made. 

How will I use this in my final project?

I will use this for my final project as my evidence for certain looks, with icons of the era hugely influencing clothes from that time period. As well as helping to shape the outfits, they have also helped shape the reach and influence for these outfits that have made them well known trends that are still current today. Such as Audrey Hepburn and the little black dress. 

My third and final section of research was a look into different contextual influences on fashion such as historical influences,  which led to trousers being popular for women and societal contexts that has made the fashion and beauty industry more female targeted. 

This is particularly useful for my final project as it shows my further understanding of why these trends came about and how that plays in to today’s modern fashion. 


Comments

Popular Posts