Planning for my EPQ;


 For my EPQ I want to focus on the specific time period of the 1940s up until present day as these are the decades where fashion took on an evolutionary form and is frequently paid homage to in the current trends of 2020. I want to look at how fashion has evolved (Women’s fashion specifically as it’s where I can relate and also where the most evolution has taken place due to the rise in feminism and women in the workplace.) I will educate myself on past trends and clothing of past decades and by the end of this research, create a ‘look book’ showcasing an outfit i have styled from each decade in order to create a visual aid for the evolution of fashion. 

I will also look to make one element ( a skirt, a top, a bag etc) for each decade myself, in order to help improve my own sewing skills and show my ability to make items of clothing. I can hand sew as well as confidently use a sewing machine, but there are materials such as denim and fur that i have yet to work with, and I am interested in learning how to. I want to also learn new techniques such as crocheting or patchwork to also elevate my designs and make something tangible. I am also interested in fashion styling so i want to be able to pick out items of clothing and coordinate them to others.

Here is my mind map that I made in the beginning of EPQ, which includes all of my brainstorming and what has led to now my final idea;


I also want to look in to style icons of each decade as well as how male fashion has influenced female fashion and vice versa. I will also look in to fashion sustainability.



Comments

Popular Posts